PG&E employee died while working in an underground electrical vault in California.

A 26 year old PG&E employee died while working in an underground electrical vault in California. After a lengthy investigation by Cal/OSHA it was found that 9 critical violations were in play. Some of the violations included a legally required on site safety briefing which had not been done, supervisors failed to check that the power to the vault was off or on, the employee was left alone in the work area which is in direct violation of workers who, when they are in a high risk area, must be under observation, and he had been allowed to get too close to an energized area along with the fact he was not wearing the proper safety clothing; insulated gloves.  After this accident, two more PG&E workers were electrocuted on the job. One of these two tragedies included a worker who separated crossed wires and was not wearing the proper safety rubber gloves.

PG&E officials now say that the deaths have caused them to revamp electrical worker’s training.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
© 2008 - 2019 Macron Safety Inc. All Rights Reserved. A subsidiary of CamronDeen.com

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?