GALVESTON – A worker in Texas received severe burns to his upper body during an on the job incident in 2011.
According to a lawsuit filed against Texas International Terminals Ltd., Tracy Hill was caught in an explosion while he was working on an electrical box at the company’s facilities. Hill was allegedly instructed by an employee of the company to repair several transformers and electrical boxes. Hill states that he was 3 to 6 feet away from the electrical box when he heard a loud pop and saw a bright light and then an explosion.
Hill was knocked to the ground and his upper body was engulfed in fire. Hill had to extinguish himself despite unrelenting pain and shock. Hill claims his recovery “has been slow and arduous”.
Texas International Terminals has been accused of creating a dangerous condition and failing to warn of the condition, directing the complainant to perform work in a dangerous manner, failing to properly maintain its premises and equipment, permitting the area to remain in a dangerous state, failing to de-energize the electrical box prior to the assignment and failing to properly implement lockout/tagout procedures as ordered by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Consequently, Tracy Hill is seeking unspecified monetary damages.