Macron Extreme Winter Outer Wear - protection without restriction - never lose your cool, or your heat - take comfort in chaos - the more dangerous the hazard, the more severe the weather the more innovative we become.
Polartec Power Shield FR fabrics are the next generation of technical outerwear - the soft shell.
Polartec® Power Shield® FR
- FR Soft Shell
- Inherently flame resistant
- Blocks 98% of the wind
- Water resistant, sheds rain and snow
- Warmth without weight
- Breathable for active use
- Durable and extremely abrasion resistant
- NFPA 70E HRC 3
- NFPA 1977
- NFPA 2112
You know how it goes, Mother Nature loves to pile it on right when you need it least. But don't worry - if Polartec learned anything in their 3-plus decades outfitting the outdoor industry, it's how to keep you performing in bad weather. When Polartec merged insulation fabric with a water resistant membrane and a woven face, they reinvented technical outerwear by helping create the soft shell. This fabric offered weather protection and thermal insulation for active comfort. Now Polartec has taken these same benefits and added FR protection. Introducing Polartec Power Shield FR. The world's first FR soft shell. It's your patent-approved, field-tested shield against the elements. ALL OF THEM!
How Does It Work?
Polartec Power Shield FR fabrics feature a tightly woven face for abrasion resistance equal or superior to the best outer shells. A velour back traps air and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio and improves moisture vapor transport.
The perforated membrane enables the fabric to block 98% of the wind. The remaining 2% is allowed to circulate within the fabric, which greatly enhances moisture vapor transmission - 2 times faster than other waterproof breathable shells - and improves breathability, reducing the risk of heat stress buildup. All Polartec Power Shield FR fabrics are finished with a durable water repellent to shed rain and snow.
Macron's garments made from Polartec Power Shield FR fabrics are designed to replace traditional fleece and shell systems for most outdoor clothing application, reducing the weight and number of layers needed to insulate and protect.
- Permanently Flame Resistance
- Does not melt or drip on skin when exposed to extreme heat or flame
- Blocks 98% of the wind to prevent wind chill, but allows enough air circulation to keep you from over-heating
- Highly Breathable; relieves heat stress build up during highly aerobatic activities
- Water Repellent surface sheds rain and snow
- Extremely Abrasion Resistant face for long lasting durability; fabric maintains its form and function regardless of abrasive contact
- Provides warmth without the weight and bulk of traditional insulating fabrics
- Machine Washable
Arc Flash Extreme Winter Outer Wear
- Macron's Power Shield HRC 3 / 2112 Extreme Parka - comes standard with three front pockets, fleece lined hand warmer slits behind two of the pockets; elastic wrist cinches for maximum protection; inner waist adjustment
- D Ring Opening Deluxe Feature to Power Shield Parka
- Side Zippers Deluxe Feature to Power Shield Parka
- ID Window Deluxe Feature to Power Shield Parka
- Power Shield Deluxe Hood added to Power Shield Parka
- Power Shield HRC 3 / 2112 Extreme Bib Overalls
- Power Shield HRC 3 / 2112 Extreme Over Pants
- Macron's Power Shield HRC 3 / 2112 Extreme Gloves with Super Grip
|Set Product as New to Date||No|
|Usually Ships||3 to 5 days|
|Country of Origin||USA|