Macron's New Flame Resistant Inherent Tencate Swiss Pique Knit Shirts demonstrates that you don't have to sacrifice comfort for protection. These woven fabrics have been adopted by organizations worldwide because of comfort, durability and protection and are currently available for policeman, electrical and petroleum workerrs, firefighters, other first responders and members of the armed forces.
- Arc Rating/ATPV = 8.2 cal/cm² - Exceeds HRC 2 performance standards and is certified to NFPA 2112 and NFPA 1975 and Canadas CSA Z462
- 6.7 ounce Swiss Pique
- Inherently Flame Resistant - FR properties are built in, and won't wash or wear out.
- Comfortable to wear - soft and breathable - superior moisture management because of special cellulosic fiber content. As easy to wear as everydy attire.
- Outstanding laundered apperance - first FR knit on the market engineered for industrial laundering. Retains strength, shape adn color after repeated launderings.
- Excellent value - long life cycle and competitive price means lower cost per wear.
- Generous sizing for optimal movement
- Long or short sleeve
- A variety of colors to choose from - Navy, Gray, Khaki, Light Blue
- Inherently flame resistant – FR properties are built in, and won't wash or wear out. Exceeds NFPA 70E HRC1, HRC2, NFPA 2112 and NFPA 1975 performance standards.
- Comfortable to wear - Soft and breathable. Superior moisture management becuase of special cellulosic fiber content. As easy to wear as everyday attire.
- Outstanding laundered appearance - First FR knit on the market engineered for industrial laundering. Retains strength, shape and color after repeated launderings.
- Excellent Value - Long life cycle and competitive price means lowest cost.
TenCate Tecasafe® Plus Knits fabric set the standard for comfortable FR wear, proving that FR fabric can be as comfortable as it is effective in protecting wearers. They provide excellent moister management thanks to an innovative blend containing cellulosic fibers.
|Physcial Properties||670SP Swiss Pique|
|FABRIC WEIGHT (oz/yd2)||6.7|
|ELECTRIC ARC RATING (cal/cm2) ASTM F 1958||8.2|
|PREDICTED BODY BURN ASTM F 1930 (% body burn [2 cal/cm2/sec] @ 3 sec)||12%|
|THERMAL PROTECTIVE PERFORMANCE (TPP) (cal/cm2)
|FLAME RESISTANCE ASTM D 6413
Char Length (inches) Before Laundering
|< 4.0 x 4.0
< 4.0 x 4.0
|HEAT & THERMAL SHRINKAGE (length x width)
|3.0 x 6.0|
|BALL BURST (lbf) ASTM D 3787||90|
|AIR PERMEABILITY (ft3/min/ft2) ASTM D 737||267|
|Set Product as New to Date||No|
|Usually Ships||1 to 5 days|
|Country of Origin||USA|
Write Your Own Review
NFPA 70E Training
Any doubts that your company is compliant? Your employees safe?
The 2015 Edition of the NFPA 70E recommendations are in print and take effect January 1, 2015.
Do you and your employees know all of the changes? Have they been implemented into your Electrical Safety Program? Do you have an Electrical Safety Program? Have you had Electrical Safety Training in the last year?
If the answer to any of those questions is no, then contact Macron Safety today!
Call 916-905-6535 or contact us to be certain you are in compliance.
Determine the Correct Protection Level, To evaluate Fire Retardant clothing materials in order to measure the heat transferred through the fabric, two values are calculated: Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)...the minimum energy causing the predicted onset of second-degree burns and Heat Attenuation Factor (HAF)...the percentage of total energy of the arc that the fabric prevents from passing through, OSHA requires that each employer must assess the potential hazards in the work environment and determine the appropriate clothing materials using ASTM PS57-97. Always do a hazard assessment. You will need to know electrical system voltage, fault current available, number of phases, Arc time duration, estimated Arc gap, minimum distance from the Arc, and Arc configuration.
Free Duke Power Heat Flux Calculator: For the purpose of calculating heat flux received at a surface some distance from an Electric Arc.