- Arc Rating:(ATPV 8)
- Hazard Risk Cat:HRC 2
- Fabric Shell:7 oz. Tecasafe Plus 700
- Fabric Content:48% FR Modacrylic / 37% Lyocell / 15% Aramid
- Back Shell:6.75 oz. Tecasafe Plus Knit
- Fabric Content:Protex / Lyocell / Aramid
- Meets the Requirements:NFPA 70E & ASTM F1506-02a
- Laundering:Inspect garment before each use for damage or contaminates that impair the protective qualities of the garment. Clean garment throughly: Dry Cleanable, Detergent Only, Wash up to 140F, No Chlorine bleach, Do not over Dry, Tumble Dry.
- Made in the USA
- Inherently flame resistant– FR properties are built in, and won’t wash or wear out. Exceeds NFPA 70E HRC 2 and NFPA 2112 performance standards.
- Comfortable to wear– Soft and breathable. Superior moisture management because of special cellulosic fiber content.
- Exceptional durability– Outstanding abrasion resistance and better strength retention after multiple commercial washes.
- Outstanding laundered appearance– Fabric retains its like-new look and maintains permanent pressed appearance better than other protective fabrics.
- Excellent value – Long life cycle and competitive price means lowest cost.
Hi visibility – ANSI 107 and CSA Z96 compliant for low visibility environments.
Tecasafe Plus Knit
TenCate Tecasafe® Plus Knits demonstrate that you don’t have to sacrifice comfort for protection. Tecasafe® Plus woven fabrics have been adopted by organizations worldwide because of comfort, durability and protection and are currently available for policemen, electrical and petroleum workers, firefighters, other first responders and members of the armed forces. Now, Tecasafe® Plus Knits offer an even more comfortable option.
- Inherently flame resistant – FR properties are built in, and won’t wash or wear out. Exceeds NFPA 70E HRC1 and HRC2 performance standards. Certified to NFPA 2112 and NFPA 1975.
- Comfortable to wear– Soft and breathable. Superior moisture management because of special cellulosic fiber content. As easy to wear as everyday attire.
- Outstanding laundered appearance– First FR knit on the market engineered for industrial laundering. Retains strength, shape and color after repeated launderings.
- Excellent Value – Long life cycle and competitive price means lower cost per wear.
Tecasafe® Plus Knits are made in the United States by TenCate Protective Fabrics USA.
|Set Product as New to Date||Aug 1, 2014|
|Usually Ships||3 to 7 days|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Mfr. Model #||No|
Write Your Own Review
NFPA 70E Training
Any doubts that your company is compliant? Your employees safe?
The 2015 Edition of the NFPA 70E recommendations are in print and take effect January 1, 2015.
Do you and your employees know all of the changes? Have they been implemented into your Electrical Safety Program? Do you have an Electrical Safety Program? Have you had Electrical Safety Training in the last year?
If the answer to any of those questions is no, then contact Macron Safety today!
Call 916-905-6535 or contact us to be certain you are in compliance.
Determine the Correct Protection Level, To evaluate Fire Retardant clothing materials in order to measure the heat transferred through the fabric, two values are calculated: Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)...the minimum energy causing the predicted onset of second-degree burns and Heat Attenuation Factor (HAF)...the percentage of total energy of the arc that the fabric prevents from passing through, OSHA requires that each employer must assess the potential hazards in the work environment and determine the appropriate clothing materials using ASTM PS57-97. Always do a hazard assessment. You will need to know electrical system voltage, fault current available, number of phases, Arc time duration, estimated Arc gap, minimum distance from the Arc, and Arc configuration.
Free Duke Power Heat Flux Calculator: For the purpose of calculating heat flux received at a surface some distance from an Electric Arc.