The ARC40 Arc Flash Suit from Oberon is designed to provide protection from Arc Flash heat exposures. The suit exceeds the requirements of NFPA 70E Hazard Risk Category 4* (HRC4*), up to 49 cal/cm². The materials used are manufactured with 49% Para-Aramid, 33% Meta-Aramid and 18% Melamine fiber.
Oberon’s ARC40 suit is Inherently Flame Resistant (FR). It will remain Flame Resistant after years of frequent and repeated laundering. ARC40 is the lightest weight Arc flash suit in the market at this protection level. The outer surface of the shield window is scratch resistant coated to last longer. The inner surface of the shield is Anti-fog coated for clearer visibility.
The Coverall Suit protects from Arc flash heat exposure and are constructed of materials that are Inherently Flame Resistant.
- 12.1 oz/yd² fabric has an Arc Rating of 49 cal/cm² ATPV.
- Hazard Risk Category 4.
- Nomex® sleeve cuffs.
- Double front closure has flame-resistant zipper tape and a Nomex Velcro® safety flap.
- Expandable Pleats at the waist for adjustable fit and comfort.
- Wide Pant Legs that are easy to slide on over work boots, equipped with Velcro cinch straps.
- Sewn with flame-resistant thread
- Hood Arc Rating (ATPV): 49 cal/cm²
- Lens-Visible Light Transmittal: 57%
- Meets NFPA 70E-2009 and ASTM F-1506-02ae1, ANSI Z87.1.
- Note: Personal protective equipment should be chosen to meet or exceed the expected incident energy at a specific work site.
ARC Series Clothing Features
- All fabrics, as well as sewing thread, used in construction of ARC Series garments are inherently Flame Resistant (FR).
- Manufactured with Oberon proprietary Aramid fabric.
- Will remain Flame Resistant regardless of repeated laundering.
- Lightest weight arc flash garments in the industry.
- Help reduce heat stress.
- All findings, Velcro®, labels, zipper tape are inherently flame resistant.
- Meet or exceed the requirements of NFPA 70E and ASTM F1506.
- Each protection level is color coded for quick identification.
- Manufactured with Oberon’s proprietary ARCXTM energy absorbing polycarbonate plastic.
- Provide superior Visible Light Transmission (VLT).
- Specially designed window for each arc level maximizes visible light transmission (VLT).
- Scratch resistant coating on the outer surface (for longer product life).
- Anti-fog coating on the inner surface (for improved visibility).
- Meet NFPA 70E, ASTM F2178 and ANSI Z87.1.
Logos, Monograms to identify your company and/or the worker. Made only with FR thread. Suitable for all Oberon Arc Flash clothing. Text Logo Embroidery to identify your company or the employee (text only). Premium Image Logo Embroidery - Accurate reproduction of your company’s logo.
Prices and setup fees will vary based on the complexity of the artwork provided. Contact Macron Safety Customer Service for additional details on embroidery program and to request embroidery service order form.
Any doubts that your company is compliant? Your employees safe?
The 2012 Edition of the NFPA 70E recommendations are in print and take effect January 1, 2012.
Do you and your employees know all of the changes? Have they been implemented into your Electrical Safety Program? Do you have an Electrical Safety Program? Have you had Electrical Safety Training in the last year?
If the answer to any of those questions is no, then contact Macron Safety today!
Call 916-905-6535 or contact us to be certain you are in compliance.
Determine the Correct Protection Level
To evaluate Fire Retardant clothing materials in order to measure the heat transferred through the fabric, two values are calculated: Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)...the minimum energy causing the predicted onset of second-degree burns and Heat Attenuation Factor (HAF)...the percentage of total energy of the arc that the fabric prevents from passing through, OSHA requires that each employer must assess the potential hazards in the work environment and determine the appropriate clothing materials using ASTM PS57-97. Always do a hazard assessment. You will need to know electrical system voltage, fault current available, number of phases, Arc time duration, estimated Arc gap, minimum distance from the Arc, and Arc configuration.
Free Duke Power Heat Flux Calculator: For the purpose of calculating heat flux received at a surface some distance from an Electric Arc.
|Set Product as New to Date||No|
|Usually Ships||10 to 14 days|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year|