- Arc Rating: 106 cal/cm² ATPV
- Fabric: Inherently FR Aramid
- Fabric Weight: 18.2 oz/yd²
- Hood Window VLT: 22%
The Arc Flash Fabric is manufactured with Oberon ArcX™ energy absorbing polycarbonate plastic. The 100 calorie Arc flash Hood has a visible light transmission of approximately 22%, which is also know as (VLT). The anti-fog coating in the inner surface allows for improved visibility when working in warm temperatures. The Scratch resistant surface on the face shield improves the life of the face shield compared to most face shields that tend to break or crack. Arc Protective Hoods by Oberon will fit a standard hard hat.
Engineers in the field testing within the Hazard rating category of 8 calories or above are required to wear head & face protection. The NFPA 70E safety standard requires workers to be outfitted in Flame Resistant Protective Clothing that meets the requirements of ASTM F1506 when there is a possible exposure to Electrical Arc Flash. The short duration and intense energy presents a unique safety hazard. Employers must assess the potential hazard and determine the flash protection boundary distance. It has been confirmed by OSHA that garments which meet the requirements of ASTM F1506 are in compliance with NFPA 70E, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269 and ANSI Z87.1
100 calorie Arc Flash Hood with Ventilation System
These Hoods circulate fresh cool air inside the Hood to keep workers cool and comfortable in hot situations. Removable, replaceable vent fans and battery pack will provide 9 hours of continuous operation. Designed for worker comfort and reliability.
Accessory to any Oberon Arc Flash Hood to provide a flow of external air into the hood to decrease stuffiness and provide comfort. FreshAir system is designed to provide a gentle air flow into the hood. Too much air flow will irritate and dry the eye. The outside ambient air helps to purge the warm humid air from inside the hood. FreshAir system is not a NIOSH-approved respiratory system. It is designed to provide comfort to the user by driving external air into the hood. Any ArcFlash hood should be used with the appropriate respiratory protective system if one has been determined by your hazard assessment to be needed. FreshAir system cannot be fitted or retrofitted to other manufacturers’ hoods.
How to Assemble Oberon Hood Air System
Before you assemble the Hood Air System, make sure your Hood is ready and you have the two parts of the Hood Air System: the Fan Unit and the Air Hose.
- Step 1. Remove the hard cap from the hood and locate the Zipper running around the roof of the hood.
- Step 2. Thread the Hose through the top two loops located on the inside back wall of the hood as indicated in Fig. 5. Make sure the Air Vents (B) are facing you.
- Step 3. Lay the Hose Platform (H) flat against the roof of the Hood as shown in Fig. 6.
- Step 4. Attach the Hose to the Hood by zipping them together as in Fig. 7.
- Step 5. Reinstall the Hard Cap (D) in the Hood, Fig. 8.
- Step 6. Now that you have installed the Air Hose in the Hood, your next step is to attach the Fan Unit to the Air Hose. Here is how:
- a) Line up the Fan Unit's Locking Pins (F) with the grooves in the Hose's Connector (C). Push the Locking Pins (F) into the Connector's grooves as indicated in Fig. 9.
- b) Lock the connection by, simultaneously, twisting the Fan Unit counter clockwise and the Hose's Connector (C) clockwise, Fig. 13.
- Step 6. Mount the Fan Unit to the Hood by sliding the last Loop (E) in the Belt Clip (J), as shown in Fig. 11.
|Usually Ships||7 to 14 days|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|